Your Pokemon Go Experience?

Home Forums Nintendo Franchise Chit Chat Pokémon Your Pokemon Go Experience?

This topic contains 26 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Eddy Ray 2 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Eddy Ray
    Admin

Finally had the chance to install last night and give it a “Go” this morning since my phone replacement has arrived.

Anyways, I take a walk once or twice a day when I can and it was fun using the app during this time. I collected about 11 Pokemon so far, leveled up to 3, and was able to get more Pokeballs since I pass some landmarks along my route.

You need to be a level 5 to train for battle I believe, so soon enough I will be able to do that. How are you all making out… those who have it installed?

Yoshi
    ChitChatter

No experience yet, not out in Canada.

Mournglum
    ChitChatter

I might get it, but I’d need to get a new memory card for my phone. We’ve made it to the point where games can be almost a gb large…

Eddy Ray
    Admin

I might get it, but I’d need to get a new memory card for my phone. We’ve made it to the point where games can be almost a gb large…

oh damn… yeah it’s a bit crazy. Let me know down the line when you give it a “GO” . My wife also started playing.. she was wandering around the yard last night, it was quite fun. I noticed the servers have been up and down for the game, but I expected that in the first few days after release.

Eddy Ray
    Admin

Used some incense today, managed to catch a couple more rare Pokemon with it, a Drowzee and Eevee. Reached level 5 and found someone already claimed the GYM close by to our neighborhood. Started to battle but ran, not strong enough yet.

I chose to be on Team Blue.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  Eddy Ray.

Eddy Ray
    Admin

This game.. such a great social experience thus far. Even my wife is really getting into it.

I caught Jiggly yesterday.

Eddy Ray
    Admin

Got a Flareon today. CP is 577, my highest so far. Was able to win a battle at the local GYM in town but didn’t have time to full take it over. 2 KM eggs hardly ever give anything worthwhile… but 5 KM eggs have been full of surprises… still wanting to get my first 10 KM.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  Eddy Ray.

R00bot
    ChitChatter

Mostly just crying because my phone can’t run it. I’m the biggest Nintendo fan from my friends but I’m the only one not playing this game. :'(

Eddy Ray
    Admin

Mostly just crying because my phone can’t run it. I’m the biggest Nintendo fan from my friends but I’m the only one not playing this game. :'(

Damn, what phone do you have?

Mournglum
    ChitChatter

oops

i had to spend two days rooting my phone and installing a custom marshmallow ROM, lol

Eddy Ray
    Admin

oops i had to spend two days rooting my phone and installing a custom marshmallow ROM, lol

Team Valor….  😯  hehe

Mournglum
    ChitChatter

Team Valor…. 😯 hehe

yep, chose the team that it looked like most people hated and the only team that didn’t have an elitist nerd or little radical brother stereotype as leaders.

it’s funny, the local park where i walk my dog has at least 8 to 11 pokestops and 2 gyms so all the kids and college kids hang out there now. there have never been so many people at that park, they’re even there late into the night, little lights under each tree.

Eddy Ray
    Admin

Team Valor…. 😯 hehe

yep, chose the team that it looked like most people hated and the only team that didn’t have an elitist nerd or little radical brother stereotype as leaders it’s funny, the local park where i walk my dog has at least 8 to 11 pokestops and 2 gyms so all the kids and college kids hang out there now. there have never been so many people at that park, they’re even there late into the night, little lights under each tree.

That’s awesome you have all those PokeStops and GYMS within a walk. I have a few PokeStops and one GYM, it’s about a mile walk… which isn’t a problem but it’s been very hot the last week and didn’t feel like hanging around the area for to long. All I see are Red and Yellow teams around here… a few Blue. I have more time this week so may spend some time battling at the local GYM.

Here is my latest evolution.

Eddy Ray
    Admin

Eddy Ray
    Admin

Here is what I was able to add into my Pokedex this morning,

Mournglum
    ChitChatter

i finally went out with some buddies today to check out the parks here and a mall. it felt nice really being able to get into the game with other people.

we also got really lucky and came across an arcanine. the one I caught was around lvl 930 or so, which is really nice and lets me fight gyms finally (i think i boosted it to around 1200 or so, I’m only lvl 13 right now).

Eddy Ray
    Admin

i finally went out with some buddies today to check out the parks here and a mall. it felt nice really being able to get into the game with other people. we also got really lucky and came across an arcanine. the one I caught was around lvl 930 or so, which is really nice and lets me fight gyms finally (i think i boosted it to around 1200 or so, I’m only lvl 13 right now).

That’s awesome! I am out of Great Balls right now… took like 20 normal Pokeballs to catch this Clefable tonight.. it was 808 CP. Was annoying as hell but finally got it. Also evolved an Eevee into a Flareon at 1236 CP.

You’re catching up!

Eddy Ray
    Admin

Walked to the local GYM to battle, was able to take it over.. but before I even got back home it was taken back lol. At least I got the XP for it. Team Mystic is needs more members around my area, lots of Red, Yellow. Was able to find a Pikchu Wednesday night and hatched a 5km egg that turned into a Krabby. I was a bit disappointed as I already had one but was able to evolve it right away into a Klinger. My Pokedex is beginning to flesh out but still lots to do. Hit level 17 as well.

Eddy Ray
    Admin

Lots of peeps have complained about the update and the removal of the radar step tracker… never worked well for me so I don’t see a problem from my point of view. Rest of the improvements are good, servers seem very stable now.

Been hatching and evolving the last few days to add to my pokedex. Yesterday I evolved a Psyduck into the Golduck. Saw a parasect today which had a CP of 753.. but he vanished after feeding berries and breaking out of 5 pokeballs. Ugh.

Hatched this guy today.

Atticus

Eddy Ray
    Admin

Get like me…

Have you and your team lasted long at that GYM? Every time I take over the local one in town, by the time I am half way walking home, it’s been taken over!  😆

Atticus

Get like me…<script src=”//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js” async=”” charset=”utf-8″></script>

Have you and your team lasted long at that GYM? Every time I take over the local one in town, by the time I am half way walking home, it’s been taken over! 😆

Iunno, haven’t been back there.

Eddy Ray
    Admin

Get like me…<script src=”//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js” async=”” charset=”utf-8″></script>

Have you and your team lasted long at that GYM? Every time I take over the local one in town, by the time I am half way walking home, it’s been taken over! 😆

Iunno, haven’t been back there.

You don’t have to go back to check, simply look on your list of Pokémon for the one you had in the GYM, if the icon is above its name, you’re still in. If not, you’ll want to revive and give it some potions to heal.

Eddy Ray
    Admin

Latest addition to my Pokedex thanks to a 5km egg. My 10km egg will hatch sometime today… only 2km away at this moment.

Atticus

An Ekans just hatched from an egg for me. Looks like I have the Team Rocket special.

Eddy Ray
    Admin

An Ekans just hatched from an egg for me. Looks like I have the Team Rocket special.

Very nice Pokemon “gets”. I was able to catch a couple Meowth and hatched the other two. Have yet to see the Koffing or Ekans in the wild. Nice sig too!!

I got a Tauros today, saw his shadow for weeks.. finally he appeared on my walk.

Eddy Ray
    Admin

Was nice to get this early this morning.. giving the week a good beginning.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar