Pokemon Go Plus – Recommended

Home Forums Nintendo Franchise Chit Chat Pokémon Pokemon Go Plus – Recommended

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eddy Ray 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author

Eddy Ray
    Admin
    My Trophies
    Forum Content Master – XP IconFriendship Master – XP IconStatus Update – XP IconMessage Delivered – XP IconLogin – XP Icon

So this isn’t really a full review but just a few thoughts I have after a day with Pokemon Go Plus.

Here are a several bullet points to streamline my thoughts on it.

• Easy to Setup
    • Easy to Use and Understand (vibrations, lights)
    • Streamlines the Game
    • Offers more chances to catch Pokemon

I love the fact I can have my phone in my pocket and still play. I realize part of the fun of Pokemon Go is seeing the Pokemon appear in the real world on your phone however there are situations in everyday life where you don’t want to, or can’t pull out your phone to play.

A simple example is working in front of my computer. I can get work done and “play” the game by simply have the Pokemon Go Plus device on my wrist, I’ve caught about a dozen Pokemon sitting in front of my PC. Before getting the device, I wouldn’t bother leaving the app open or picking up my phone to try and catch Pokemon.

Another example is driving.. although I am not recommending this. I can drive and push two buttons on the Go device when it notifies me of a Pokemon or Stop in the area. It’s less work then changing the channel on my car stereo.

These two small examples will allow me to level up and evolve my Pokemon much quicker. I recommend you look into this device if you’re already a regular Pokemon Go player.

Mournglum
    ChitChatter
    My Trophies
    Mew Catch IconSnorlax Catch IconPokemon GO – Team Valor IconYoshi’s Green Egg – XP IconLuigi Gold Coins – XP IconLogin – XP Icon

i’m glad the device looks like it is being implemented well, this could be the next step in niantic’s next big step in streamlining and making the game a bit more than what it already is. i’m sure somewhere along the line, niantic will offer an incentive for in-app play to encourage both forms of play so people aren’t just walking from stop to stop loading up on everything as fast as possible.

i was considering picking one up (before niantic locked me from the game, lol) but i’ll probably have to wait until i get a new phone (which isn’t soon, i still gotta pay for the textbooks i supposedly have, lol).

Eddy Ray
    Admin
    My Trophies
    Forum Content Master – XP IconFriendship Master – XP IconStatus Update – XP IconMessage Delivered – XP IconLogin – XP Icon

i’m glad the device looks like it is being implemented well, this could be the next step in niantic’s next big step in streamlining and making the game a bit more than what it already is. i’m sure somewhere along the line, niantic will offer an incentive for in-app play to encourage both forms of play so people aren’t just walking from stop to stop loading up on everything as fast as possible. i was considering picking one up (before niantic locked me from the game, lol) but i’ll probably have to wait until i get a new phone (which isn’t soon, i still gotta pay for the textbooks i supposedly have, lol).

I agree. I like the direction things are going and they continue to support the app with updates and give insight on their direction moving forward. I hope to see you back and playing soon! 🙁 .

I heard today and read that another update allows the use of Incense to capture Pokemon using the Plus device. Apparently the option wasn’t possible before. So that is very useful.

I was able to Evolve and get my Nidoking and Nidoqueen finally.

Eddy Ray
    Admin
    My Trophies

Thanks to the Pokemon Go Plus I was able to get 3 more evolutions last week. Been a bit busy the last several days so hoping to play more and see what else I can do to flesh out my pokedex.

Eddy Ray
    Admin
    My Trophies

Weepinbell  😆

Eddy Ray
    Admin
    My Trophies

Tricky keeping up with all of these small updates, looks like they recently tweaks some UI elements and the Pokemon Plus icon is in upper right now.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar