Hello people, here is Vigilante, the new series

Home Forums Welcome Area | Help & Support Welcome Area Hello people, here is Vigilante, the new series

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jack Lovejoy Jack Lovejoy 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Jack Lovejoy
    Jack Lovejoy
    ChitChatter
    My Trophies

No Achievements Yet!

Hi, my name is Jack and I am looking forward to making a game in the future when I grow up.

The new game is called Vigilante, it is a hack and slash game that is similar to Bayonetta and Devil May Cry. For the game, you control a 17 year old demon named Lucifer, who is pessimistic and sarcastic but positive at the same time. He has been living alone since the people of Eilidh hate him for being a demon. However, the Lord of Hell, Astaroth, has started to lift his underworld kingdom up onto Eilidh to take control over all the land. Well, it is literally Hell on Earth if you want to visualize it. So, Lucifer has to stop Astaroth from making his kingdom rise higher to take over the heavens as well.

Let’s talk about the gameplay elements, Lucifer has 2 buttons for attacking, X for Scythe attacks and Y for Infernal Combat. Infernal Combat is when Lucifer encases his hands and legs in molten rock, widening his punches and kicks. For combos, Lucifer has at least around 30 or more in total, here is an example:

XXYX:

Lucifer slashes two times with his scythe and when you press Y, he will do a Infernal spin kick on the enemies and when you press X again, he will slam his scythe into the opponent’s skull.

To make this game distinguishable from other Hack and Slash games, it will be more focused on 3d platforming. Lucifer will constantly have to jump over obstacles and zipline on rails with his scythe. To make platforming easier, Lucifer has a downward slam when he jumps. Downward slam is similar to Sonic’s stomp but this can be used to make platforming precise.

When I am saying this game is similar to Devil May Cry, no, Lucifer will not hold guns to shoot enemies. For his projectile attacks, they will be slash beams. Whenever Lucifer attacks, he will produce a slash beam that will attack opponents far away with even more power. Here is how it works: The combo, XXYX has four button inputs. Thus, this combo will produce 4 slash beams everytime you hit the buttons.

Lucifer will also have a little Combo Gauge that lowers every time Lucifer uses a combo finisher. Using a combo finisher can be activated to multiply your score. After you use XXYX, you can press L or R to use a Combo Finisher that costs a certain amount on the Combo Gauge. If you press L and X together after a combo, you can do a combo finisher called Dark Binding, where you attach enemies onto chains and throwing them at others.

Anyway, more info will be posted later, how does this sound? It will be nice here asking questions about the plans of this new game 🙂

Profile photo of Eddy Ray
    Eddy Ray
    Admin
    My Trophies
    Forum Content Master – XP IconFriendship Master – XP IconStatus Update – XP IconMessage Delivered – XP IconLogin – XP Icon

Welcome to the forums Jack.  🙂

Glad to see you pursuing your passion and wanting to make games. The idea of 3D platforming in an action game sounds unique and interesting.

Best of luck to you in your endeavors. Enjoy your stay here.

Profile photo of Atticus
    Atticus
    My Trophies
    Pokemon GO – Team Valor IconFounding Member IconBlog Comment Master – XP IconForum Content Master – XP IconStatus Update – XP IconLogin – XP Icon

Hi Jack. Welcome.

Sounds good but might not have a single religious person touch it. Not sure how broad you’d want your audience to be though.

Profile photo of Shane
    Shane
    ChitChatter
    My Trophies
    Tingle Bottle from WW HD IconLogin – XP Icon

^ You’d think so, but controversial ideas are kind of what sell as well. I’m the one who told him to keep Lucifer for the demon’s name. He wanted to change it to Calvin.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Profile photo of Shane Shane.
    Profile photo of Eddy Ray
    Eddy Ray
    Admin
    My Trophies
    Forum Content Master – XP IconFriendship Master – XP IconStatus Update – XP IconMessage Delivered – XP IconLogin – XP Icon

imo, the name Lucifer is a bit to cliche. It’s just like calling a god Zeus. Just a thought.

Jack Lovejoy
    ChitChatter
    My Trophies

No Achievements Yet!

I know, Lucifer kinda sounds cliche to me too. How does Calvin sound? Or better, what is your thought on a new name?

Profile photo of Atticus
    Atticus
    My Trophies
    Pokemon GO – Team Valor IconFounding Member IconBlog Comment Master – XP IconForum Content Master – XP IconStatus Update – XP IconLogin – XP Icon

^ You’d think so, but controversial ideas are kind of what sell as well. I’m the one who told him to keep Lucifer for the demon’s name. He wanted to change it to Calvin.

Maybe you know better than I do. I was just surprised at how many christian players who love Zelda shied from Hyrule Warriors just because of how Cia looked. I was just thinking back to that.

Jack Lovejoy
    ChitChatter
    My Trophies

No Achievements Yet!

I don’t think people would care that much about just referencing religion. It is only offensive if I am saying anything anti christian. From the looks of my story I posted here, it is definetely a far cry to say that people will get offended. Almost like how some christians considered pokemon to be satanic just because of the nonsensical reasons here:

Jack Lovejoy
    ChitChatter
    My Trophies

No Achievements Yet!

Also, Mind if you check out my first chapter of the game?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar