3DS Vs New 3DS or wait?

Home Forums Nintendo Chit Chat Nintendo Handheld Fans 3DS Vs New 3DS or wait?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Atticus Atticus 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Cross
    Cross
    ChitChatter
    My Trophies

No Achievements Yet!

So I been toying with picking up a 3DS and I’m unsure of what one to get, or if i should even get one at all right now.

I have seen alot of Pros and Cons for Normal vs XL as well 3DS vs New 3DS and I’m just unsure what to get. So If anyone here who has had both systems feed on 3DS vs the New 3DS is most welcome.

Their is a lot of talk about the NX being both a home system and on the go system so idk if I should wait or not.

Thanks for reading.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Profile photo of Eddy Ray Eddy Ray.
    Profile photo of OverlordCollector
    OverlordCollector
    ChitChatter
    My Trophies
    Founding Member IconBlog Comment Master – XP IconLogin – XP Icon

I’ll break it down simply for you.

If you want to use more Miiverse features, Amiibos, Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, Binding of Issac as well as being able to run some games smoother than normal 3DS, get the New 3DS. XL has better battery life, but original has faceplates and it’s smaller if you’d rather have that.

However, if you don’t care about any of those things, just get the regular 3DS or 3DSXL.

And if you don’t care about any of those things or 3D effects, get a 2DS…though I don’t think that one is as comfortable.

Hope this helps!

Profile photo of Eddy Ray
    Eddy Ray
    Admin
    My Trophies
    Super Mario All-Stars Coin IconBlog Comment Master – XP IconForum Content Master – XP IconStatus Update – XP IconMessage Delivered – XP IconLogin – XP Icon

Pretty much agree with Overlord, plus the SNES VC is only available on the N3DS systems, if you care for that. The 3D is very much improved (eye tracking) if you care for that feature as well. It’s refined and a good improvement over the older 3ds and 3dsXL. Browsing speeds, menu, load times, all much faster.

Profile photo of Atticus
    Atticus
    My Trophies
    Pokemon GO – Team Valor IconFounding Member IconBlog Comment Master – XP IconForum Content Master – XP IconLogin – XP Icon

Unless it came to being strapped for cash I can’t see why anyone would get the previous model at this point (but if you are that’s alright).

As mentioned above you’d miss out on:

• amiibo support
    • SNES VC
    • A C-stick that even works with some games made before the N3DS was made
    • A better longer battery
    • Newer games that take advantage of the new shoulder buttons
    • Faster CPU
    • A much more comfortable and ideal 3D experience

My biggest concern however would be what’s going to be launched later that the previous 3DS won’t support that we don’t know about. Even if they make new games that work on both it seems like it’s going to be as lesser experience on the old 3DS and even possibly atrocious (See Hyrule Warriors legends). Maybe looking for comparison videos on Youtube would be helpful.

But guys, she also asked if think it’s better to wait for what’s next instead. I personally don’t think the 3DS is going anytime soon even with the rumors of the detachable portable experience of the NX – Thoughts?

Profile photo of Eddy Ray
    Eddy Ray
    Admin
    My Trophies
    Super Mario All-Stars Coin IconBlog Comment Master – XP IconForum Content Master – XP IconStatus Update – XP IconMessage Delivered – XP IconLogin – XP Icon

But guys, she also asked if think it’s better to wait for what’s next instead. I personally don’t think the 3DS is going anytime soon even with the rumors of the detachable portable experience of the NX – Thoughts?

I mentioned in chat that the 3Ds system has much more life in it then the Wii U and I don’t think the NX is going to be a hybrid, Nintendo makes money on it’s hardware and offering less hardware devices at retail doesn’t make much sense. Iwata did mention a couple years back that the number of devices may actually grow.

Also, if you wait for what’s next and that device isn’t backwards compatible you’re pretty much back where you started… and the time lost in being able to play some great games.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Profile photo of Eddy Ray Eddy Ray.
    Profile photo of Atticus
    Atticus
    My Trophies
    Pokemon GO – Team Valor IconFounding Member IconBlog Comment Master – XP IconForum Content Master – XP IconLogin – XP Icon

I mentioned in chat that the 3Ds system has much more life in it then the Wii U and I don’t think the NX is going to be a hybrid, Nintendo makes money on it’s hardware and offering less hardware devices at retail doesn’t make much sense. Iwata did mention a couple years back that the number of devices may actually grow.

I won’t rule out the hybrid rumor just yet but I don’t believe it will be meant to be as extensive a portable experience as the 3DS is.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar