Nintendo Chit Chat Rules & Guidelines
1. Never ask for, or give out, personal information: Staff will never ask for your log-in id, email address, or password. If someone attempts to gain said information from you, contact an Administrator or Moderator immediately.
2. Be respectful: Please show respect for your fellow members by remaining kind and civil at all times. There is to be absolutely no discussion or distribution of any nudity, racist, sexist, sexual, or otherwise hateful or adult content. Such material will be removed and, depending on the severity of the offense, your account may face a temporary suspension or permanent ban. The use of swear words is allowed only in moderation. Excessive swearing will result first in a warning, followed by a temporary suspension or permanent ban for repeated offenses.
Trolling, stalking, or otherwise harassing members will result in a permanent ban.
3. Guidelines for creating content on the site:
When you wish to create a new topic, please use the search function to make sure someone else has not already created one for the same subject. If they have, please respond to that topic instead. Having multiple topics on the same subject only clutters up the forum. Don’t do it!
- Be smart!
Whether you’re creating a new topic, or replying to an existing one, we ask that you take your time and gather your thoughts before posting. Make sure that whatever you post is well structured and legible. One or two word responses, leet speak, txt speak, or blocks of text are strongly discouraged, and you will receive a warning if you continuously use these.
- Use that Edit feature!
Did you just make a post, but forgot to mention something important? Maybe you want to include a bit more in addition to what you’ve already written. Did you just realize you made a typo, and now you want to correct it? Instead of making another post, just click “Edit” on the post you wish to change, and fix whatever it is that’s bugging you! This helps cut down on spam, and keeps topics from getting too messy! You have up to 2 hours after your post goes live to make any edits/changes.
4. No discussion of illegal material or piracy: Discussing or sharing any material pertaining to hacks, ROMs, software cracks, or any manner of illegal activities will not be tolerated. If you are caught doing so, your account will be permanently banned, and if need be, we will contact local authorities. So please… don’t do it!
5. Advertising of commercial content and services is strictly prohibited: To help protect the private information of our members, we ask that you refrain from selling, advertising, or otherwise promoting any type of commercial content or service. Failing to do so will result in your account being temporarily suspended or banned.
If you are caught scamming other members, your account will be permanently banned.
6. Do not attempt to bypass a suspension or ban: If you would like to dispute a suspension or ban, or you’re not sure of what you did to warrant it, please contact us at info@NintendoChitChat.com with your account name, why you feel you were unjustly punished (if disputing), and any additional information you feel might be important. We will get back in touch with you as soon as we can. Creating an account in order to bypass a suspension or ban will result in an IP ban.
7. Ask for help: Is another member giving you a hard time? Are you not sure how to use a feature on the site, or whether or not your own content breaks the rules? Whatever the case may be, send a private message to any Administrator or Moderator with your problem, and we’ll get back to you ASAP!
8. Use common sense: If it doesn’t seem like a good idea, don’t do it! You shouldn’t need anyone to tell you that spam is a no-no.
written by CandiBunni[wpa_custom_achievement trigger_id=”yoshiegg1″ type=”instant”]