The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild DLC Overview
Now that the second DLC pack has been released for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, we’d like to give a brief overview of Breath of the Wild’s expansion pass for newcomers to the game or fans who haven’t kept up with DLC news.
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s DLC is included in a $19.99 Expansion Pass. The two DLC packs can’t be purchased separately. Together, the DLC requires an additional 2.5 GB of space on the Wii U and 2.4 GB of space on the Switch.
In addition to the DLC packs, three treasure chests are included with the Expansion Pass. They appear on the Great Plateau and include a Nintendo Switch shirt for Link, a ruby, and five bomb arrows.
DLC Pack 1 – The Master Trials
The first DLC pack is called The Master Trials. It adds:
- Trial of the Sword – Face enemies in a 45-room trial without your equipment or weapons. Completing the trial will power up the Master Sword.
- Hero’s Path Mode – Use this special map feature to see where Link has traveled. It tracks up to the last 200 hours worth of gameplay.
- Master Mode – A new difficulty setting in which enemies regain health and are all more powerful than usual. It also adds floating planks that hold treasure and enemies.
- Travel Medallion – An item found in a treasure chest that allows you to register one location as a fast travel point.
- More Armor – 8 treasure chests containing armor that references previous games in the series, such as Phantom Armor or Majora’s Mask.
- Korok Mask – A mask found in a treasure chest that shakes whenever you’re near a hidden Korok.
DLC Pack 2 – The Champions’ Ballad
The second DLC pack is called The Champions’ Ballad. Unlike the first DLC pack, this one adds new story content.
- New dungeon and shrines
- One-Hit Obliterator – A powerful new weapon.
- Master Cycle Zero – A motorcycle mount unlocked for Link after you complete the DLC.
- Kass’s Verses – Help Kass the Bard finish compositions that will give you more information about the four Champions and Princess Zelda.
- More Armor – 9 treasure chests containing armor that references past games in the series, such as Ravio’s Hood and the Royal Guard Uniform.
- Ancient Bridle and Saddle – 2 additional items found in treasure chests that increase the number of spurs your horse can use to speed up (Bridle) and then you call a horse from far away (Saddle).
Note: the main quests in the Champions’ Ballad can only be done after you’ve completed the Divine Beast quests in the main story.
If you’re interesting in expanding your Breath of the Wild experience, this is everything contained in the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild DLC packs.