Everything You Need to Know About Fire Emblem Warriors
Fire Emblem Warriors is coming soon for the Nintendo Switch and the New Nintendo 3DS, but it’s not a traditional Fire Emblem game. With that in mind, here’s everything you need to know if you’re interested in Fire Emblem Warriors.
Release Date: October 20, 2017
Platforms: Nintendo Switch and New Nintendo 3DS (as well as the New 2DS)
Genre: Unlike the main series, Fire Emblem Warriors is a hack-and-slash action game comparable to Hyrule Warriors or the Dynasty Warriors series. In addition to this musou-style action gameplay, you will also be able to give commands to your units, and it features the weapon triangle weakness system from the Fire Emblem series. It also includes support conversations when two characters increase their bond.
Roster: Fire Emblem Warriors features characters from across the series. The playable characters confirmed so far are:
- Original characters Rowan, Lianna, and Anna
- Marth, Caeda, and Tiki from Shadow Dragon
- Celica from Shadows of Valentia
- Lyn from The Blazing Blade
- Chrom, Robin (both male and female, although female Robin isn’t in story mode), Lissa, Frederick, Cordelia, and Lucina from Awakening
- Corrin (both male and female, although male Corrin isn’t in story mode), Ryoma, Hinoka, Takumi, Sakura, Xander, Camilla, Leo, and Elise from Fates.
Additional characters have been rumored, but not confirmed.
Amiibo Support: Fire Emblem Warriors will support every Fire Emblem amiibo, which will give the player weapons or materials. Five amiibo figurines can be scanned per day.
DLC: There will be three DLC packs for Fire Emblem Warriors. The first (due out in December) will be themed after Fates, the second (February) will be themed after Shadow Dragon, and the third (March) will be themed after Awakening. Each will cost $8.99. A $19.99 Season Pass will also be available on October 20, which gives the player access to all 3 DLC packs and a bridal costume for Lucina.
The Nintendo Switch version also has a collector edition available in limited quantities. Do you have any other questions about Fire Emblem Warriors? Let us know in the comments!